Friday, February 11, 2011

Bye Bye, Peeps

My Peeps in her younger days.
Bittersweet news: Little Girl (aka LG, Peeps, Peepers) went to live with her other mother this week.  Chris and I got Peeps in October 2000 as a companion to Jack...and we have spent the last 10 years apologizing to her for that decision.  Peeps should have always been an only cat.  She is a sweet little girl...hence the name...very prim and proper, even if a little bit skiddish.  Jack picked on her a bit, but things took a turn for the worst when we got GeorgeCooper.  Yes, I am admitting that my precious Coopy can be a bit of a bully.  He is flexing his second in command muscle and chases her around a bit.  Peeps has taken to barracading herself in the office and only coming out when Coopy is fast asleep.  No way of life for a lady!

Like I said, it's pretty bittersweet because I love my babies, but I know this is the best for her.  And Chris and Abba (our pup) are super excited about her being there.  There is a nice half moon window so that Peeps can chase the leaves, and she won't have to fight these boys for the love and attention she deserves.

I miss her.  <3

No comments: