Thursday, December 02, 2010

bring it, dekalb county


Curbside at my neighbor's house.

Curbside at my house.
Notice anything different? Hmmmm...maybe that my neighbor's recycling was picked up (as evidenced by the bin being upside down and the lid strewn 6 feet away). Mine? My bin and bag sit just as I left them yesterday, neatly placed, nestled up to the shrubbery.

There's only one explanation - the DeKalb County Sanitation Department has it out for me. Paranoid, you say? I say #1 - you're wrong, and #2 - you really need to work on your validating skills. Have you forgotten the "how do I throw away a garbage can" incident of August 2010? See here and here (yes, 'twas a two-parter).  Me thinks they are exacting their revenge.

Sure, you could say that it was because I put my recycling out at noon, and the truck had already run.  Seriously, you're not a good validater AT ALL. All I know is that I had to do the walk of shame this morning and drag my bin and that big ass bag of cans/bottles/etc. back to my carport.

So, you just wait until next Wednesday, DeKalb County...not only will the bin and bag be on the curb, bright and early, but so will I, sitting in a lawn chair giving you the stink eye.

Drive on by, I dare you.

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Dekalb County better be scared! Don't be playing with my bad ass recycling sista!