Thursday, August 26, 2010

Wednesday

I'm considering renaming my blog. Something with a soap opera theme. Some ideas:

As My World Crumbles
Young and The Jobless
Bold and The Medicated
All My Cats

Still working on it. :)

The books I ordered came today! Woot! Don't you just love getting packages? Though after perusing my purchases, there is little doubt that I am on Amazon.com's suicide-watch list.

We've got a jumper.
In other exciting news, I got a new garbage can today! It's one of those heavy duty ones that you get for free if you live in a major metropolitan city. Unincorporated Dekalb County? Not so much.

Isn't it pretty?

Ideal for garbage. Score!

Goodbye, sad can with the homemade handle and bent axle.

That rope handle was toxic, y'all.

Sad, just sad.

My new purchase sparks a question that philosophers have wrestled with since the beginning of time - right up there with "Does God exist?"

How does one throw away a garbage can?

Do I put it in the new garbage can? What if it's recyclable? Do I put it in my blue bin? These are the things that keep me up at night. That and whatever is living in my attic.

Speaking of...as I am writing this at 12:23 a.m. on Thursday morning, the little critter is dancing above my head. I had Bart, my Orkin man and new BFF, put a humane trap up there Monday. Now I'm kind of freaked out that I actually might trap something. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to kill whatever it is, but the thought of it scurrying around and then hearing the trap door slam shut is giving me the creeps. Bart tried to make a deal with me. "If it's a squirrel, we can set it free, but if it's a mouse or rat, you let me take care of it." I agreed to no such thing. I told him that if it is a squirrel, I would let it out in my yard, which I understand makes no sense. But I love my squirrels. Mr. Squirrel greets me every morning in the holly tree, and my boys chatter at him. If it's a rat/mouse/other vermin, I will take him/her to Stone Mountain where we will take in the laser show before I set him/her free.

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

So-so-so happy to have you blogging again! You so funny.