Monday, June 13, 2005

Beat It

The Michael Jackson jury is coming back with their verdict at 4:30 p.m. I predict that they find him guilty on the lesser charges (giving alcohol to a minor, etc.), but will find him not guilty on the big stuff. No jail time...maybe probation.

The whole thing is sad all the way around. Obviously something happened to Michael as a kid to make him the way that he is. The plastic surgery thing is without a doubt a form of self-mutilation. He's probably doing now what was done to him as a child. Not that it excuses his behavior my any means. People have control over their own actions, abuse or no abuse.

I remember him being so cool back in the day. I got the Thriller tape for Christmas and played it over and over again. I remember being scared to watch the video for Thriller because I didn't like it when he was morphing into that werewolf or whatever he was supposed to be and looked up at the camera with those yellow eyes. No, I didn't have the Michael Jackson jacket or the white glove, but I wished that I did.

Side note: I remember this kid at my elementary school who had the white glove and would wear it to the skating rink. You could tell him Mom made it because it was oversized...like two pieces of hand-shaped fabric sewn together covered in sequins. He would probably cringe to know that I remember that. That's ok though...there is a picture out there of me when I was 10 years old...I am wearing paint splattered pants, a panama jack style hat, huge neon sunglasses, and a oversized shirt that says "Choose Wham! on it. Is there any generation that doesn't look back and cringe?

I am craving guacamole. Like CRAVING it. I would love to go to Moe's for dinner, but I have a feeling Chris will nix it. She's not feeling well, and besides, all I ever want to eat is Moe's. I'll admit it...I'm addicted. It's good stuff though. I love how they yell "Welcome to Moe's!" and it sounds like Blue from Blue's Clues: Boh-boh-boh-boooooooohhhhhh! Yeah, I really should get out more often.

Until next time...

No comments: