Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Debut Entry

Feels a little weird introducing me to myself, but since it is remotely possible that others will read this, here it goes:
  • I'm 30 years old.
  • I live with my girlfriend of 6 years and our two cats in metro Atlanta. (Only ITP for me!!!)
  • The above means that I'm gay.
  • I would desribe myself as laid back and able to see the humor in almost any situation. I absolutely love to make people laugh. It comes from being the baby of my family. I can be very reserved, but inside, I'm dying to be the center of attention.
  • I am a coporate lackey. Not really. I work for an auditing firm in Atlanta. My official title is State Coordinator/IT Support. I've been with the company for 5 years. Amazing since I only took the job until something better came along. I'm still waiting.
  • My dream job would be to do this for a living.
  • I often think that my head it too big for my body, and my hair closely resembles the shape of an isosceles triangle.
But enough about me in bullet form, let's talk about me in paragraph form. I can't remember the last time I kept a journal. I think it was when I was in my angst ridden early twenties. I seem to remember re-reading them years later and being completely horrified by how melancholy and depressed I sounded, so I destroyed them. Which was bad, I admit. The whole purpose of a journal is to capture the moments in your life so that you can look back later and say, "Oh, that's who I was 22." You know, now that I think about it, we had to keep a journal in high school. What a colossal waste of time. What teenager is going to write anything remotely introspective when they have to TURN IT IN TO THEIR TEACHER? So stupid. I'm sure I wrote things like:

"Gee, that math quiz was really hard. I sure hope Mr. Cooley goes easy on us."

When what I really wanted to say was:

"God, that girl in my English class is hot."

Who knows how much I will write in this thing. Probably not every day, but we'll see. I may put up some stuff that I've written over the years just for fun. (Whoopee!)

Until next time...

No comments: