Thursday, June 09, 2005

Work...

Work is getting to me. We've got a major deadline Friday (that we are not going to make by the way), and for the past two weeks things have been so crazy. Even without this deadline, I usually have my plate pretty full. I handle two audit states, I handle PC tech support within the company, and I'm the assistant to the regional manager. A very needy, high-maintenance regional manager. And now with this deadline approaching I have also been given the task of performing and reviewing audits (the aforementioned needy regional manager's job). And I have absolutely no business doing either. It's madness...sheer madness, I tell you.

This morning started off badly anyway. I had a revelation about 5 minutes after I left my house this morning that the tank top I was wearing might be a little too revealing for work. That revelation came when I looked down and saw my cleavage staring back at me. I was in a hurry this morning (as I always am) and grabbed something out of the closet that I would stay cool in (see aforementioned reference to hot office). Tank top! Perfect. Cute tank top too...it's actually Chris'. [That's one (of the many) benefits to being in a relationship with another woman...you double your wardrobe.] I grabbed my cell phone to call her:

Chris: Hello?
Me: Do you think that green tank top of yours is appropriate for work?
Chris: Um, No.
Me: Oh God.
Chris: Have you left the house?
Me: Well, yeah!
Chris: It's probably ok.
Me: Are you sure?
Chris: Yeah, I mean, you're wearing a shirt over it, right?
Me: NO!!!
Chris: Oh. It's probably ok.
Me: Oh God.

You get the picture. My fears were confirmed when on my way to work an 18 wheeler passed me on the interstate, and the driver hung his head out the window and laid on his horn. I'm sure it wasn't my chest he was looking at. Maybe he mistook me for the missing girl he has pictured on his mudflaps. :/

On a completely different subject, I thought I had invented a new knock knock joke the other night. Chris and I were on the couch, and I was telling knock knock jokes because I'm that big of a dork. And I came up with a doozy that I had never heard before. And it goes a little something like this:

Knock Knock.
Who's there?
Atch.
Atch Who?
Gesundheit!

Comedy gold, right? I thought so. I couldn't even make it to the punch line, I was laughing so hard. I was so ecstatic about the possibility of inventing a new knock knock joke, that I ran to computer and googled it. Uh yeah, there were about a million hits. Although, the punch line to most was "Bless You," which I don't think is as funny as Gesundheit. You never want your punch line to rhyme with the set up line. Amateurs.

I got a little nervous that the other joke that I invented when I was 9 may also have already existed. So, I googled it as well, but nothing turned up.

So, let's see what else has happened to me lately. Oh what's that? You want to hear my joke? You're just saying that. Oh, go on. No really, go on! Ok, here 'tis:

Why did the boy hit the girl?
Because he wanted to play soccer.



Give me a break...I was NINE! :/

No comments: