Tuesday, June 07, 2005

This $&#* is Bananas. B-A-N-A-N-A-S.

WTF moment of the week: Was watching TV the other night and saw a commercial for a local ice cream place where you could get 50% off of their banana split if you brought your own banana. :/

Chris and I celebrated our 6th year anniversary last night. We went out to one our all-time favorites, Einstein's in midtown Atlanta. We haven't been there in forever. We used to go more regularly when we were smart and still lived in a sweet little apartment with a midtown view. Now we live in a bungalow fixer-upper with a view of an abandoned gas station. We've traded our dinners at swanky restaurants for the aisles of Home Depot. What were we thinking?

But we had a good time as we always do. We had our beverages of choice: her dirty martini and me, the sweet nectar of the Gods, Coca-Cola (I'm such a lush). We sat and talked and laughed and made fun of other people. We wondered aloud who we thought we might date if we weren't together. While my list consisted of one girl, Chris whipped an Excel spreadsheet out of her back pocket with a list of girls sorted by age, education, and bra size (though not necessarily in that order). Hmmm...maybe I should have gotten her those flowers instead of the bamboo plant she'd been eyeing for the backyard. I admit that I'm not the most romantic person. I'm too practical. But I try. You should have heard how I tried to spin that bamboo plant. I told her that flowers would last only a week or so, but we could plant that bamboo, and year after year we could watch it grow and thrive, just like our love. Yeah, that went over really well. She got a far off look in her eye, as if she were thinking of who else she could add to her "Post-Jennifer Date List."

But in all seriousness, I love that girl, and I am very lucky to have found her. She makes loving fun. After dinner, we took a late night stroll and stopped off for some ice cream. Nothing's too good for my girl. After all, it's 50% off if you bring your own banana.

No comments: