Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Moon Pie Explained!

I know you all are waiting with bated breath to know what my mystery "moon pie" post from yesterday alluded to. And if you didn't really care, can you please just fake some interest? Sheesh!

I was going to try to tough out the poison ivy this time, but as the day went on yesterday, I realized that wasn't going to be possible. The few spots I had on my forearms started spreading to my stomach and back. I was turning into one big whelp. I decided that after work it was time to visit a doc-in-the-box and get a prescription for prednisone. Good stuff: it clears that rash and gives you lots of energy. The downside is that in can cause some slight swelling in your face that gives it the appearance of the otherwise tasty snack cake: the moon pie.

The last time I had the ivy, I got a prednisone shot plus 6 days of the oral variety. Big time moon pie face. And luckily, it just happened to coincide with Pride. I swear there is a picture of me on the parade route where I am smiling and my eyes are completely shut. My face looked like those frisbees the Gay Yellow Pages hand out every year.

So, those of you who know me personally, if you see me over the next few days and I look a little, well, puffy, please try not to stare.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was wondering about the moon pie, I thought maybe you just re-discovered them at the sto' and you were having a warm fuzzy flashback of simpler, more innocent, times.....
-B