Friday, January 19, 2007

Warning: TMI Ahead

Ok, so I have poison ivy, and for only the second time in my life I might add. The first time was last summer when I got this brilliant idea to clear out our fence row of any and all plant life. Two days later, the yard looked great, but me? I was covered with a red bumpy itchy rash. It started on my legs, moved to my arms, then around to my midsection. Actually, it migrated to my midsection while on a 7 hour car trip to Columbia, MO. Poison ivy...not fun. Poison ivy while trapped in a car for 7 hours...really not fun. And yes, I admit, I thought I had contracted a flesh eating bacteria and demanded that we go to the emergency room at 10 o'clock that night. Chris said, "No, we'll take you to a doc-in-the-box in the morning." We arrive at said doc-in-box bright and early the next morning, and sure enough...poison ivy. Steroid shot in the behind, oral steroid pack, oral antihistamine...NEXT! She would have felt really guilty if it was a flesh eating bacteria though...

So, now I have it again. Chris and I were de-ivying our back yard this past weekend and sure enough two days later, I spot the familiar little red bumps on my arm. It's not as bad this time as it is confined to my arms and several little spots on my tummy. Ahem...well, there is one other place. Ok, people, I'm just going to rip it off like a band-aid...quick and virtually pain free:

I think I have poison ivy on my left nipple.

Girls, back me up on this, but barring an infection of the nether-regions, nipple itch is one of the worst of the female itches, no? Ok, so just take your everyday nipple itch and add poison ivy. Oh the humanity!!! Why must these things always happen to me?

Not too far off topic, but Chris and I were watching the L word last night. All I can say is where are these lesbians that have sex in limos and in the bushes upon first meeting??? I can tell you, they were not in Alabama in the mid 90s. The only thing I could lay was down, mmmmmmkaaaay?

In other more PG rated news, I took the hard drive out of our defunct computer and installed it as a slave drive on another PC. I was actually able to retrieve the data (aka our 2005 tax returns) I needed! You may not understand, but to this wannabe computer geek, it was an awesome feeling. I felt like high-fiving myself. And no, not in an attempt to surreptitiously scratch my nipple. Get your mind of my chest, people!

This post is about as random as it gets. Anyways, I have a date with some Caladryl, so I'm out.

No comments: