Thursday, January 04, 2007

wonderful

While ordering my favorite item at Moe's this afternoon, I was struck by how strange the words that were coming out of my mouth would sound if taken out of context:

"I'll take an ugly naked guy with a hard shell and pinto beans."

Funny stuff. I remember the first time Chris and I went to Moe's. We lived in Birmingham at the time and had never heard of Moe's. It moved into the space vacated by the ghetto Burger King that was close to my office. We decided to try it out one day. So, we walk in and are immediately unsettled by the counter attendants screaming WELCOME TO MOE'S! Then we looked at the menu and said, "What the hell is a Joey Bag of Donuts?" Actually, truth be told, I got a little excited because nothing sounds better to me than a bag of donuts, especially Krispy Kreme. KK, represent! And don't give me this crap about how Dunkin Donuts are better. Or how DD has better coffee. Who the hell goes to a donut place for coffee? But I digress. Long story short, we walked out of Moe's. It was too overwhelming. Years later, it's one of my favorite places.

In other news, I was told by someone at work today that I was "wonderful" because I fixed his Outlook. Does he know that I simply googled his problem, cut and pasted the fix in an email, and hit send? Follow along while I hash out the following scenarios:

Scenario 1: Jennifer kicks Bob's dog. Bob is mad. Bob either kicks Jennifer in retaliation or calls some some animal protection agency. Images of Jennifer end up on the 11 o'clock news above the subtitle: "Evil Lesbian Dog Kicker."

Scenario 2: Jennifer turns off pop-up blocker so that Bob can browse his "adult" sites unencumbered. Jennifer then kicks Bob's dog. Bob hugs Jennifer, professes his love, then hoists her on his shoulders running her up and down the street in an impromptu parade. Bob's dog is pissed.

I certainly don't object to being called wonderful though. I'll take what I can get.

No comments: