Wednesday, January 03, 2007

random

This is completely random, but I just had to share. I work for an auditing firm, and part of my job is to take the auditor's meager attempt at expressing the human language in written form and turn it into something actually understandable to the average taxpayer. I don't get paid enough, believe me. So, I'm sitting here doing just that, and I come across an example of something that drives me absolutely up the wall. I thought I would share. Some jurisdictions refer to their account numbers as PPINs, which stands for Personal Property Identification Number. What I can't stand is when auditors write it as PPIN# 568493. WTF? N stands for number dumbass, you don't have to put the # after it!! Personal Property Identification Number Number??

The things I have to put up with...

No comments: